What Art?

Part 1

1) The women in these pictures seem gloomy or expressionless. The women hold themselves in a relaxed posture, their expressions also seem relaxed.

2) It seems like the technique used in this was that he took models and painted them. I think photoshop was used minimally, and it was mostly done with acrylic paint or oil paint. I can tell that these models were painted on because their eyes and hair seem incredibly realistic. Unless the artist was extremely good at making realistic hair and eyes, I think these pictures show actual people. 

3) The color in these images are very consistent and repeating. For example the first image has only a couple major colors, most of them having a darker feeling to them. The women's dress is blue and so is her headband. the women's necklace is red and so is the background. It creates an interesting atmosphere. Even though the color of her dress is a brighter blue, it still seems like the image is darker colors.

4) I think the artist was trying to express a way of art that you would have to pay attention to, to really see the image. You could look at that and think it was just an oil painting or something but, at second glance you may be able to see they are actual models. I think the response she is trying to evoke is to make her art stand out. This is certainly not an art method that i've seen, so it stands out to the viewer. I also really like the combinations of the colors for the models skin color. I think the artist was very successful in these art pieces. I really enjoy them and I think it is a really unique method to doing art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in the World Questions